The community of faith that would become Gymea Baptist Church began as a Sunday School that met in the house (and chicken sheds) of John and Babs Turner in 1940. Officially founded as a Baptist church in 1949, it was the founding congregation's desire to be a "light on the highway" and for more than 70 years we have sought to be faithful to that call. Our story, however, is more about God's faithfulness to us! We celebrate our past and look forward to what God is inviting us to do in the here and now.
To see lives changed by Jesus.
Everywhere we go and in everything we do, we will invite everyone to follow Jesus.
To be a community of faith that courageously takes up the invitation of God the Father to participate in His grand plan to restore all things in Christ Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
Creating margin in our lives to join in with what God’s doing.
Being generous in everything and in every way.
Committed to curiosity and humility in all areas of life.
Seeking to serve others and put them first.
Known as consistent, safe and non-anxious.