What We Believe
As a Baptist Church we accept the belief statement from Baptist Churches of NSW/ACT, which says:
- That there is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- That all people are sinners in need of salvation.
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God manifest in the flesh who rose from the dead and ascended into heaven.
- That Jesus Christ by His death upon the cross made full atonement for all sin. This atonement is the only ground of salvation and is sufficient for all people.
- That the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, regenerates and sanctifies the believer.
- That the Holy Scriptures, namely the 66 books of the Bible, were given by Divine inspiration, and as such are the Word of God and the ultimate authority in all aspects of faith and practice.
- That justification is by faith in Christ alone.
- That there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead, both of the saved unto life, and the unsaved unto condemnation.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ will return bodily from heaven in power to judge sin and rule the world.
- That Christian baptism is by immersion in water for believers only.
For more on the church click here